How to Work From Home As A Graphic Designer

So, how do you get started in your own graphic design business? I got my start in the freelancing world on oDesk.com . There are many other freelancing sites you can look into as well (see my list of recommended resources below).

Invest time and effort into making your online work profile shine with your brief work description, your portfolio of 4-6 samples, and any skills testing the work site might have available. I also recommend having your own website set up so that you will have an outside web presence to show your potential clients during the interview stage.
By having a well-designed website set up, you will be one step closer to gaining the trust of your potential client and turning them into a long-term business relationship. Once you have your profile and website set up, the next thing to do is to start submitting applications to the job postings that interest you for work directly related to your portfolio samples.
Tailor each cover letter you submit to address what you specifically propose to do for the client to meet and exceed their project needs. Then, once the client hires you, follow through with your promises!
Graphic design is a field that is ever growing and there is no cap to how far you can go in your business! If you are interested in becoming a graphic designer, I urge you to take the first step and start exploring your own area of concentrated study. You can even do this while still working your day job by dedicating an hour or two each evening towards your own self-study and building your portfolio.
For me, working from home (or literally anywhere) as a graphic designer is not only exciting, but also so rewarding. I get to do what I love, (create beautiful and effective designs), make a profitable income for my family, help others reach a high level of success in their businesses, and be there for my family all at the same time! I love it because there is just so much flexibility and there is always something new and exciting to learn.
To help you get started, check out my quick list of recommended resources below. These resources are the top sites and products I interact with on a daily basis in my work and I know you’ll find them helpful too as you begin your freelancing career!

Quick list of resources

  • Non-Accredited Learning

LyndaTreehouse - SkillShare - Udemy

  • Inspiration

  • Finding Work

oDesk - Etsy - Elance -Freelancer -Fiverr

  • Design Resources

InkyDeals.com (Free)
DaFont.com (Free)
WhatTheFont.com (Free Look-Ups)
Vecteezy.com (Free)

  • Design Books





 
VIP Freebies © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Shared by WpCoderX
Top